Our Induction Committee is beginning its work to determine who will enter the Hall of Fame for 2014. Here are the requirements for nominations:
Submissions may be made to any Director of the Sports Hall of Fame or mailed to Box 39065, James Bay PO, Victoria BC V8V 4X8. Deadline is February 28 of the current year.
The categories for induction are Athletes, Coaches & Builders, Teams & Organizations, and Media.
'Builders' can include owners, managers, officials, organizers, etc. who have achieved outstanding success in their sport.
- Any person or organization can submit an application, but it is preferred (if the application is for an athlete, team, or coach) that it also be endorsed by the governing/organizing body of their sport.
- The application must include: the name of the nominee with details of their sport, category etc., along with contact information for the nominee and the person and/or organization submitting the application.
¨ a detailed list of an athlete's, team's, or coach's achievements in the sport, including any provincial, national, international, world, Olympic, Paralympic, Commonwealth, Pan American etc. championships, records, medals, national team membership, peer recognition, induction to other sports halls of fame, or any other information that would add to a full understanding of the potential nominee's sports career.
¨ copies of media reports, photos of trophies, medals, ribbons, and any other supporting documentation.
¨ name and contact information of the governing/organizing body and whether or not they have endorsed the application.
- Builders, organizations and media applications require as much supporting information and material as possible and applicable to their category.
- All applications must conform to the eligibility requirements of these GVSHOF policies.
- All applications require three letters from recognized individuals/organizations endorsing the application.
- Include any other information or material that would assist the INC in evaluating the application.