The Club began in 1911 at Windsor Park as a place for B.C. Electric Railway employees to exercise and socialize. That beginning was followed by a move in 1923 to a permanent facility between Cavendish and Bowker Avenues. A members' takeover in 1964 helped the Oak Bay Tennis Club become a fixture in the municipality.
Having built a reputation for developing players as well as social circles, the Club has groomed provincial and national titleholders from Theo Booker, Wendy Barlow and Val Brice to Roger Skillings, Neil Coutts and Patrick Flint.
It seems fitting, as it celebrates 100 years in Oak Bay, that the Club is enshrined in the Greater Victoria Sports Hall of Fame.
SPONSORED BY MANN, MOULSON & CO.